Thursday 19 May 2011

BEYONCE- GIRLS (WE RUN THE WORLD) VIIDEO STYLING

So B is back! As I said before I'm not a fan of the new tune, and apparently I'm not the only one. The song has been selling pretty slowly and rumor has it that after a private album listening event last week, B & her pep's had an emergency meeting about the bad reception critics gave it.  So the pressure was on for B to deliver a killer video and  did she? Well kinda, a little bit, the video has some pretty sick parts and the styling is pretty good (not amazing but are B's videos ever?) but overall its, meh for me. Like meh don't really need to watch that again. After the teaser I was dying to see the video but it's just not quite hitting the spot. I like the fact that her choreography has taken a different direction but I also think that may be the problem, it's not as hard and fierce as we're used too. 

I do enjoy this lil army she has going on, but I wish they would have fought the evil boys, instead of rolling around the floor using their sexuality to weaken them. Not very empowering really.
This bit of the dance works well but is a little predictable and a tad boring. Dress by Pucci, boots by Sergio Rossi.
This bit and the one below are my faves- she looks strong like a BossLady and the styling is on point! The Gareth Pugh (a fave of B's) dress and shoes are incredible and work so well with the video theme.
 The nails are bad meaning good. Loving that all the celebs are stepping up their nail game- its giving me plenty of inspiration.
The Givenchy dress is an absolute beaut, it's from one of my fave Spring 2011 Couture collections. And it looks smashing on B! Not a fan of the Hyena's, not up for wild animals being used in music videos (don't like the lion they have in the vid either) even if they are scabby hyenas.
 Those dudes are fit- thanks B! Outfit by Norma Kamali.
So even with all these amazing elements the video still falls a lil short. Come on now B, we hate to think you're getting too old for this malarky?? Only kiddin girl, we got you! but your gona have to get your swagger back on point. These ladies might be able to give you some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment